Friday, February 15, 2008

Gardening

Right now it is BEAUTIFUL outside. I'm sitting in the back yard listening to the woodpeckers sqwak because of the hawk in the huge oak tree next door. The sun is shinning and it's a mild 70-ish degrees. I love winters in Florida. In appreciation of this gorgeous day I thought I'd post on gardening (which is also what my latest issue of Martha Stewart is dedicated to this month). Earlier in the year I tried planting vegetables.. That went well until a frost we had over the winter break that killed almost all warm weather loving plants in the yard. The veggies never came back, but I recently noticed that many of the shrubs have started sprouting teeny tiny little leaves on what I though was now only a dead stick. Exciting! Here is a slide show.

BubbleShare: Share photos - Green Toys

No comments: