Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hair

We went to the doctor yesterday and she checked my cervix for the first time. It was not a pleasant experience, but not quite as horrid as I had imagined. I'm not at the point (and am hoping I won't be) where I just "need to get this baby out of me". It's just the earlier she comes the more time Jon will have before he has to go back to work (and the sooner I get to drink a Coke again). As of yesterday I am 37.5 weeks, 1cm dilated and 50% effaced which basically means she could come in days or weeks. Luckily she is head down and while the doctor was checking me she said, "oh, she has a lot of hair!" I was unaware you could feel a baby's hair through the amniotic sac, but hey I didn't go to medical school. I'm just hoping she's not some sort of ape baby.

No comments: